[padb] Patch of support of Slurm + Openmpi Orte manager

Ashley Pittman ashley at pittman.co.uk
Tue Dec 1 15:31:20 GMT 2009

Thipadin,

What do you think of leaving this under the umbrella of the slurm
resource manager but having it as a option to enable it as a mode?
Really it's a special use case of Slurm so padb should reflect this in
keeping it's resource manager code clean (or at least no dirtier than it
is) and having a different mode to run in which would select the target
processes differently.

This leaves open the option of padb being able to detect that it only
found one process (called orterun) and advise the user accordingly or
perhaps even re-try with the option enabled.

Attached is a patch that does this, note that I've not changed any of
the code in sl_orte_find_pids, merely changed the mechanism used to call
it.

Thoughts?

I'm away Thursday/Friday this week but should be able to take a closer
look at the actual code the beginning of next week, as I said I've got a
cluster I can run it on this time.

Ashley,

--

Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.