[padb-devel] Release candidate

Ashley Pittman ashley at pittman.co.uk
Sun Jun 14 22:54:57 BST 2009

All,

My plan was always to make an initial early "stable" release of padb
shortly after taking up work on it again and that time has now come.
The current subversion code contains the previous Quadrics release with
what modifications are needed to work on a variety of non-quadrics
machines and software stacks.  It's also got a small number of
non-intrusive fixes and new functionality however anything major has
been put on hold to allow a swift and stable release.

I intend to cut a release candidate, probably Wednesday 24th and all
being well to make a stable release Monday 22nd.  Currently there are no
outstanding fixes to go in or bugs to be fixed, if you know of anything
please speak now.  The build/install system such as it is desperately
need work and I need to work on what goes in and how to build the source
tarball.

I've tried hard not to break anything and I've tested what I can but if
there is anything you particularly care about then I'd appreciate you
testing it and giving me any feedback.

One thing that springs to mind is the location of edb on Quadrics
systems, the code that's there tries to look for edb in the same install
dir as padb but this is no longer valid, is the edb on path the Elan4
version or should I be looking for /usr/lib64/qsnet/elan4/bin/edb?

Yours,

Ashley Pittman.

--

Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.