[padb-devel] Support for various batch engines

Ashley Pittman ashley at pittman.co.uk
Wed Jun 24 14:42:24 BST 2009

On Wed, 2009-06-24 at 13:27 +0100, Daniel Kidger wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can you clarify what support padb has for LSF ?

Very little of use I suspect.  padb works on the resource manager lever
rather than the scheduler lever and my understanding is that LSF is more
of a scheduler.  Padb does support lsf on rms allowing users to specify
jobs by their lsf id but in this case it translates it a rms id and uses
rms as the resource manager.

I'm not familiar with LSF, does it actually start jobs or task that
process out to another program?

> i.e. does the choice of job submission tool affect padb's
> functionality - or is it only to do with finding and attaching to the
> relevant processes?

It's all to do with finding relevant processes, padb doesn't make great
demands on the resource manager as long as it can start jobs and
translate from rank to pid somehow.

Ashley Pittman,

--

Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.