[padb] Réf. : Re: [padb-devel] Patch for Support of PBS Pro resource manager

thipadin.seng-long at bull.net thipadin.seng-long at bull.net
Wed Nov 4 09:50:19 GMT 2009

Hi,
Thanks you for your response. So I'll try to adapt my written from the
last release, but I wonder from which one as patches go new every day.
So can you commit a branch (or something) where I can start from, it would
be a great help.
Thanks. Thipadin.

Ashley Pittman <ashley at pittman.co.uk>
10/30/2009 07:26 PM

        Pour :  thipadin.seng-long at bull.net
        cc :    padb-devel at pittman.org.uk, florence.vallee at bull.net,
francois.wellenreiter at bull.net, Sylvain.JEAUGEY at bull.net
        Objet : Re: [padb-devel] Patch for Support of PBS Pro resource manager

On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 17:06 +0100, thipadin.seng-long at bull.net wrote:
> I'm a Bull software engineer and been working for a while on padb to
> adapt it to PBS Pro environment.
> The modified padb has been working fine in our MPI_Bull2 / Pbs Pro
> environment.
> So I am sending you the patch for you to integrate in the common padb
> branch.
> I have started from padb 2.5 version, sorry.
> If you want to discuss about my coding I am ready, feel free to
> comment before you commit it.
> Many other resources managers (slurm-orte, lsf-mpd, lsf-orte) will
> follow.

First off that's great!  I'm always keen to see padb better and
available to a wider range of people.

Secondly as you'll see if you look at the history I've done a lot of
work since the 2.5 release so several aspects of the design are
different.  For the most part this should make things simpler to code
for however it does mean changes to the code you have written.

I'm happy to integrate patches which add new resource managers as the
danger of breaking anything else is low, I'd like to see if we can get
away without they lpbs_get_script_name() function though.

Are you able to upgrade to the HEAD code and submit patches based on
that? have a look at @inner_conf and in particular slurm_job_step for
how to pass on $server and $port to the inner processes.

Ashley,

--

Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.

http://padb.pittman.org.uk