[padb] Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: [padb-devel] Patch for Support of PBS Pro resource manager

thipadin.seng-long at bull.net thipadin.seng-long at bull.net
Wed Nov 25 10:15:01 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have given a try for your last commit(r331) including so PBS support.
It seems to work now. You have done all the corrections (at your manner) I
have sent.
Thanks you to accept to commit.
Now let's take a look to what is out from padb on a PBS job:

qstat -an:
xn0:
                                                            Req'd  Req'd
Elap
Job ID          Username Queue    Jobname    SessID NDS TSK Memory Time  S
Time
--------------- -------- -------- ---------- ------ --- --- ------ ----- -
-----
27617.xn0       thipa    workq    STDIN        1145   3   9    --    --  R
00:15
   xn19/0*3+xn20/0*3+xn21/0*3
[thipa at xn5 padb_open]$

[thipa at xn5 padb_open]$ DirTest/padb -O rmgr=pbs -O stack-shows-locals=no
-O stack-shows-params=no -O check-signon=none  -tx 27617
-----------------
[0,3,6] (3 processes)
-----------------
ThreadId: 1
  main() at pp_sndrcv_spbl.c:50
    PMPI_Finalize() at ?:?
      MPID_Finalize() at ?:?
        MPIDI_CH3_Progress_wait() at ?:?
          MPIDU_Sock_wait() at ?:?
            poll() at ?:?
              ThreadId: 2
                start_thread() at ?:?
                  fd_server() at server.c:354
                    select() at ?:?
-----------------
[1,4,7] (3 processes)
-----------------
main() at pp_sndrcv_spbl.c:50
  PMPI_Finalize() at ?:?
    MPID_Finalize() at ?:?
      MPIDI_CH3_Progress_wait() at ?:?
        MPIDU_Sock_wait() at ?:?
          poll() at ?:?
-----------------
[2] (1 processes)
-----------------
main() at pp_sndrcv_spbl.c:46
  PMPI_Recv() at ?:?
    MPID_Progress_wait() at ?:?
      MPIDI_CH3_Progress_wait() at ?:?
        MPIDU_Sock_wait() at ?:?
          poll() at ?:?
[thipa at xn5 padb_open]$

Next, I'll send you a version that supports slurm combined with openmpi
mpirun (orte).
This case is used in our company. I mean it's not a pure slurm, neither a
pure orte job.
It's a combination.
I will be working against r331.

Thank for every thing