[padb] (version-dependent?) problem with ORTE

Dave Love d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Mon Dec 6 10:47:17 GMT 2010

Ashley Pittman <ashley at pittman.co.uk> writes:

> On 5 Dec 2010, at 19:16, Dave Love wrote:
>
>> I reported a while ago that I couldn't make ORTE work, and I've found
>> out why.  With open-mpi 1.4.1 or 1.4.2, the problem is that the format
>> padb expects from ompi-ps is wrong.  I assume it's changed at some
>> stage.  Here's a (truncated) sample:
>
> This looks to be a Checkpoint dependant change, I regularly update my
> open-mpi install and have never had this problem, I don't have the
> Ckpt entries in the output though.

Oops, yes.  I should have realized it must be the difference between
having CR and not.  It's not obvious without looking at the code whether
there's a way to turn that off with an MCA configuration variable.

> Yes, this would break it for most other people although I'm glad it
> works for you.  Interestingly perl seems to be ignoring the empty
> fields after splitting on | so it's likely that if you were using
> checkpoint-restart it would also break for you.

Oh, yes.  I really wasn't awake yesterday.  I was confused initially by
it ignoring empty fields, but I'm not a perl expert.  It's no big
problem for me, anyhow.  I can have a look sometime and see if I can
find a clean way round it.