[padb-users] PADB and multiple resource managers

Ashley Pittman ashley at pittman.co.uk
Wed Jun 10 12:24:45 BST 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 12:54 +0100, Duncan Thomas wrote:
> Hi
>
> Running padb with multiple resource managers, is it possible for -a and
> -A to walk all resource managers? Usually I've only got one job running,
> the one I want to debug, so it should just be able to find it for me.

That makes sense to me for the general case, do you really have multiple
independent resource managers on the same machine however?  How about -a
and -A will work for "any" resource manager as long as only one of them
is reporting jobs?  This would avoid reporting the same job multiple
times in the case where you have separate resource managers and job
launchers, say lsf and rms.

I guess the rmgr setting is the only piece of cluster configuration that
padb takes, I'd assumed that it would be correctly detected and if
wasn't then the administrator would configure it.

Ashley,

--

Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.

http://padb.pittman.org.uk