[padb-users] Fwd: Error message from /opt/sbin/libexec/minfo: No DLL to load

Daniel Kidger daniel.kidger at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 19 10:51:07 BST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Daniel Kidger <daniel.kidger at googlemail.com>
Date: 19 August 2010 10:50
Subject: Re: [padb-users] Error message from /opt/sbin/libexec/minfo: No DLL
to load
To: Ashley Pittman <ashley at pittman.co.uk>

Ashley,

>As a final point debugging collectives can be hard, in a deadlock situation
it can be hard to tell if all >ranks are on the same iteration or if some
are ahead of others and some are behind, I have a >patch to Open-MPI to add
a counter to all collective calls to allow this situation to be detected and
>reported correctly, if you're still stuck even with the stack trace then
you might find this of use.  It'll >mean patching you MPI build and fixing
the above problem with the DLL.

I would be particularly interested in this patch.
Albeit it is often further complicated in that with the code I am working on
often calls collectives like MPI_Allgather from various subsets of
MPI_COMM_WORLD such that I do no expect all process to have called it the
same number of times - does your patch allow for this?

Daniel

Dr. Dan Kidger
Bull UK