[padb-users] padb stalls with no output.

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 20:51:33 BST 2010

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Ashley Pittman <ashley at pittman.co.uk> wrote:

> On 20 Aug 2010, at 19:11, Rahul Nabar wrote:
>
> The problem is with OpenMPI and with it's state directories in /tmp in particular, it could either be that you've had a parallel job that crashed

Yes. I had one yesterday that warned me "mpi could not guarantee all
processes were killed" I followed up with pkills on all mpi processes.

And then:
mpirun --pernode --host $LIST_OF_NODES   orte-clean

 Is there a better response?

>>and has left files around or it could that you are running multiple versions of OMPI

Nope. Just one version.

But the problem is fixed now! I just deleted the whole /tmp dir on the
main node. THanks for that tip!

--
Rahul