[padb-users] Make "gdb set language c" for Fortran program to get correct value and offset of symbols.

Jie Cai Jie.Cai at anu.edu.au
Tue Nov 23 23:44:05 GMT 2010

On 23/11/10 18:55, Ashley Pittman wrote:
> Thank you for the patch, I'm wondering if it's enough to simply set the mode on attach or does that break the stack traces or local variables in Fortran code?
As I tested, this is not sufficient.
> Padb already tracks the value of "-gdb-set print address" and changes it as required, perhaps it needs to do the same for "-gdb-set language"?

Yes, you are right. The patch can be simplified as put '-gdb-set
languance c' only when '-gdb-set print address' is sent.

The simplified new patch is attached.

Kind Regards,
Jie

Jie Cai                         Jie.Cai at anu.edu.au
ANU Supercomputer Facility      NCI National Facility
Leonard Huxley, Mills Road      Ph:  +61 2 6125 7965
Australian National University  Fax: +61 2 6125 8199
Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia   http://nf.nci.org.au