[padb-users] start using padb on TORQUE

Ashley Pittman ashley at pittman.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 20:39:30 GMT 2010

Sorry about the last email, I clicked the wrong button!  See real response below.

On 26 Nov 2010, at 02:45, Jie Cai wrote:

> I found out that pid_to_name() does not pick the correct script process. I have following debug information:
>
> inner: x153: rmpid is 4376, name is lu.sh.
> inner: x153: notscripts pid is 4376.
>
> I guess this is due to find_from_status() does not give the correct script name. I think it might be better to check /proc/$pid/cmdline to find the first element and to compare them with preset scripts keys.

The lookup is done on the target of the "/proc/<pid>/exe" link if this is readable and only falls back to find_from_status() if it isn't (normally for SUID or other users processes) so if you have a shell script it should pick up /bin/sh which is then shortened to sh and looked up in the preset keys.  This is independent of the name of the wrapper script, I'd expect looking for ".sh" extensions on wrapper scripts to only catch a tiny minority of scripts which should all be caught by the previous mechanism anyway.

It could be a permissions issue with the groups again that you are not able to read the destination of this sym-link and hence it's reverting back to the find_from_status() which doesn't to the indirection for interpreted languages?

Ashley.

--

Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.

http://padb.pittman.org.uk