[padb-users] vmrss and vmlck question

Daniel Kidger daniel.kidger at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 11 15:41:03 BST 2011

Duncan,

I tried a short piece of C code that calls mlock() with a user-adjustable
size, then sleeps.
Then I queried it using cat /proc/<pid>/status

In this case, it does appear that VmLck is a say a subset of VmRSS (and
VmSize for that matter)
If I increase the value in mlock() by say 128MB then both VmLck and VmRSS
both increase by this amount

Can you post an example where vmrss exceeds vmlck ?

Daniel