[padb] Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: [ padb-devel] Patchfor Support of PBS Pro resource manager

thipadin.seng-long at bull.net thipadin.seng-long at bull.net
Fri Nov 20 15:33:37 GMT 2009

On 2009-11-18 at 06:10 PM , ashley at pittman.co.uk wrote:

> How does this work if you do say ./src/padb -axt?  If it works in that
> case then I'm happy with the code and I'll commit it, I've not added
> anything before as I couldn't think of a generalised solution.

I have a generalised solution now (in pbs_setup_job):
I have tested with:     ../padb
                        DirTest/padb
                        ./DirTest/padb
                        ./padb
                        /full_path/padb
                        padb (/usr/bin/padb)

>> 4077     foreach my $proc ( 0 .. $comm_data->{nprocesses} - 1 ) {

> Are you able to extract the process count from the job id and return it
> as "nprocesses" in the hash returned by pbs_setup_job()?  I'm not
> familiar with qstat so I don't know how to find this information.

Ok it is done in pbs_get_lqsub when it treats "qstat -w -n -u $user
\@$server" data
The $nprocess is stored in $pbs_tabjobs{$job}{nproc}, and will used in
pbs_setup_job.

The Output test look like:

[thipa at xn5 padb_open]$ DirTest/padb -O rmgr=pbs -O stack-shows-locals=no
-O stack-shows-params=no  -tx 27616
Warning, failed to locate ranks [5,7]
-----------------
[0-1,4,6] (4 processes)
-----------------
main() at pp_sndrcv_spbl.c:50
  PMPI_Finalize() at ?:?
    MPID_Finalize() at ?:?
      MPIDI_CH3_Progress_wait() at ?:?
        MPIDU_Sock_wait() at ?:?
          poll() at ?:?
-----------------
[2-3] (2 processes)
-----------------
ThreadId: 1
  -----------------
  [2] (1 processes)
  -----------------
  main() at pp_sndrcv_spbl.c:46
    PMPI_Recv() at ?:?
      MPID_Progress_wait() at ?:?
        MPIDI_CH3_Progress_wait() at ?:?
          MPIDU_Sock_wait() at ?:?

              ThreadId: 2
                start_thread() at ?:?
                  fd_server() at server.c:354
                    select() at ?:?
  -----------------
  [3] (1 processes)
  -----------------
  main() at pp_sndrcv_spbl.c:50
    PMPI_Finalize() at ?:?
      MPID_Finalize() at ?:?
        MPIDI_CH3_Progress_wait() at ?:?
          MPIDU_Sock_wait() at ?:?
            poll() at ?:?
              ThreadId: 2
                start_thread() at ?:?
                  fd_server() at server.c:354
                    select() at ?:?
[thipa at xn5 padb_open]$

Remark: Warning, failed to locate ranks [5,7]==> it is normal (processes
terminated)

> I'll be able to take a closer look when I'm back from SC, I only have my
> netbook with me and aren't able to test anything from here, the patch
> looks good so far however.

I am giving you the new patch with diff -u here.

Hope you will look at it soon.
I think there is no more problem now and say it works.

Regards.
Thipadin.