[padb] PBS false positive

Ashley Pittman ashley at pittman.co.uk
Sun Dec 5 21:36:31 GMT 2010

On 5 Dec 2010, at 19:08, Dave Love wrote:

> A minor point, but the test for the PBS resource manager gives a false
> positive in an SGE installation as it just looks for qstat on the path.
> That's also an SGE command (maybe actually defined by the POSIX batch
> system standard?).  If it helps to disambiguate them, the SGE version
> invoked as `qstat -help' produces output whose first line starts with
> `GE '.

I suspected this would happen at some point, can you give me a list of binaries that SGE installs and I'll try and find a matching list for PBS and hopefully we can find a way of distinguishing them without having to start any processes, in case that isn't possible though could you send me some sample output as well.

Ashley.

--

Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.

http://padb.pittman.org.uk