[padb-users] Intel Compiler support on PADB?

Jie Cai Jie.Cai at anu.edu.au
Thu Dec 2 05:31:44 GMT 2010

Dear Ashley,

PADB currently uses gdb to get stack trace. While we have quite a few
pre-compiled programs with Intel compilers. For level 2 optimization
(default) of Intel compilers, %ebp is often cleared and stored at other
place. In this case, gdb has difficulty to trace the stack properly.

I am wondering will PADB utilize idb as an command line option in the
short future ?

Kind Regards,
Jie

Jie Cai                         Jie.Cai at anu.edu.au
ANU Supercomputer Facility      NCI National Facility
Leonard Huxley, Mills Road      Ph:  +61 2 6125 7965
Australian National University  Fax: +61 2 6125 8199
Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia   http://nf.nci.org.au