[padb-users] start using padb on TORQUE

Jie Cai Jie.Cai at anu.edu.au
Tue Nov 16 05:00:20 GMT 2010

Dear Ashley,

On 14/11/10 03:37, Ashley Pittman wrote:

> The WARNING error is coming from OpenMPI which in this case is then returning false from the "setup_communicator_iterator" callback.  The code in question is looking for struct offsets in the running program so it likely to do with exporting symbols correctly or possibly static builds?
>
> See this mail for more details:
>
> http://pittman.org.uk/pipermail/padb-users_pittman.org.uk/2010-October/000043.html

We have recently found that this kind of wanning message only occurred
for Fortran programs. We looked into debug information, we found that in
Fortran programs there's no context of "void" type.

Therefore, some gdb command like "-data-evaluate-expression "(void
*)&((opal_list_item_t *)0)->opal_list_next"" failed because of "No
symbol \"void\" in current context."

We have made a little patch into it to fix this issue. Simple insert
"-gdb-set language c" prior actually to "-data-evaluate-expression" will
solve it.

We haven't got time to look into PBS issue yet. Once we have any
information will let you updated.

Kind Regards,
Jie

Jie Cai                         Jie.Cai at anu.edu.au
ANU Supercomputer Facility      NCI National Facility
Leonard Huxley, Mills Road      Ph:  +61 2 6125 7965
Australian National University  Fax: +61 2 6125 8199
Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia   http://nf.nci.org.au