[padb-users] start using padb on TORQUE

Ashley Pittman ashley at pittman.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 18:33:59 GMT 2010

On 15 Nov 2010, at 23:00, Jie Cai wrote:
> Therefore, some gdb command like "-data-evaluate-expression "(void *)&((opal_list_item_t *)0)->opal_list_next"" failed because of "No symbol \"void\" in current context."

This was added for some versions of gdb which reported differently for offsets of known types, initially I only saw this on Solaris but I have seen it on Linux as well.

http://code.google.com/p/padb/source/detail?r=322

> We have made a little patch into it to fix this issue. Simple insert "-gdb-set language c" prior actually to "-data-evaluate-expression" will solve it.

That sounds great, I'll look forward to seeing it.  The other option might be to move gdb up the stack to main so that the language is c anyway?

> We haven't got time to look into PBS issue yet. Once we have any information will let you updated.

It's likely that the change will be possibly adding a process name to the list in is_resmgr_process() and or adding checks for a second environment variable in pbs_find_pids().

Ashley,

--

Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.

http://padb.pittman.org.uk