[padb-users] configuration file format.

Ashley Pittman ashley at pittman.co.uk
Tue Nov 23 07:50:00 GMT 2010

On 23 Nov 2010, at 02:00, Jie Cai wrote:

> I have just figured out.
>
> Instead of PADB_RMGR=pbs, I should use rmgr=pbs.

Correct, you can set this in either ~/.padbrc or /etc/padb.conf, important to note is that these files are only loaded on the host where padb is invoked and not on the client nodes.

dash and underscore are treated as the same character for the purpose of specifying configuration options.

> BTW: Is there a list of configurable options?

The -v flag will show you the mode specific options currently in use, for seeing global options there is a way but it isn't quite so easy, if you try to set an invalid option then it will show you all options (for all modes if you haven't selected one).

# padb -Ohelp=yes

> Can I setup the launch mode in the configuration options as well?

This depends on what do you mean by launch mode?

There is the mode that padb runs in (mode)

http://padb.pittman.org.uk/modes.html

And the way it launches the backend (launch_mode)

http://code.google.com/p/padb/source/detail?r=407

You can set the launch_mode but not the mode in the configuration file.  I only added the launch_mode option a few weeks ago and hadn't spotted the naming conflict so I could re-name this to backend_launch_mode if it would clear up any confusion.

Ashley.

--

Ashley Pittman, Bath, UK.

http://padb.pittman.org.uk